Cleaning your teeth with braces
For the health of your teeth, it’s important to have a good oral hygiene routine.
Top tips for teeth brushing
- Use either a soft bristle toothbrush or an electric toothbrush
- Brush your teeth in the morning and at night
- If you’re at home it would be a good idea to brush your teeth after lunch.
- Use an interdental brush daily
- Floss your teeth daily with the Platypus flossers and twice a week with the Superfloss provided
You should also have regular check-ups (every six months) with your dentist while you’re having treatment.
When undergoing orthodontic treatment, you may be advised to start using tooth mousse.
Tooth mousse contains calcium and phosphate, which are the major minerals your teeth are made from. Like saliva, tooth mousse replaces minerals lost by regular acid attacks after eating and drinking.
Top tips for using tooth mousse
- Place a small pea size amount onto your finger or toothbrush and apply all around your teeth and gums
- Spit the excess out but do not rinse after using tooth mousse
- This product is to be used every night after brushing your teeth.