Appointments – what you need to know
At Torque Orthodontics, we like to see our patients every eight to 12 weeks once they start treatment.
- We understand that our patients lead busy lives; however, we ask that you provide our practice with at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to change your appointment. This would be greatly appreciated.
- On arrival, please see the ladies at reception or use the check-in screen.
- Prior to leaving, please see the reception ladies to schedule your next appointment.
- Late arrival of 10mins or more for your appointment may result in the need to reschedule your appointment to another date and time. Late patients have a detrimental effect on our other patients who arrive for their appointments on time.
- We reserve the right to charge a fee, in the event of a several appointments being missed.
A true orthodontic emergency includes:
- Extreme pain: wire poking causing bleeding
- Situations that prevent you from eating and talking properly
If you require an emergency appointment afterhours, please ring our practice and you will be redirected to one of our hygienists, Robyn or Alarna. Please leave your name and phone number to ensure we can contact you as soon as possible.
It is rare for a patient to suffer from a true orthodontic emergency.
Problems can occur with your braces, such as a broken bracket or an archwire that is poking into your cheek or has snapped. Your braces will still work but you will need to book an additional appointment to see us. Please tell the reception ladies why you need appointment. Do not leave it until your next appointment to tell us if something is broken or bothering you.
Please ring the practice to make appointments for these non-emergencies. Torque Orthodontic opening hours are as follow:
Friday: 8:00 am – 2:30pm
Phone Number: 0749514100